“Life is like a mirror, we get the best results when we smile at it.” ~ Unknown.
However, this person clearly is yawning…why?
She has heard the question, “How’s it going?” too many times today.
We all do it, we ask and get asked the question multiple times a day. And what is the most common answer: “Good” or “Fine”. Blah!
Part of living a playful life is to be spontaneous, creative, out of the box. As you go about your day, try something different when engaging friends, or even the woman working at the grocery check out.
- What’s been the highlight of your day so far?
- What has made you smile today/recently?
Or even (and yes I do this regularly)…
- What is your favorite color?
Perhaps give an acknowledgment:
- You are doing a great job.
- I love how colorful your blouse is!
- Looks like it’s been a busy day for you.
- Your earrings make me smile!
With your children try:
- What was your favorite moment at school today?
- What was the most awesome thing about your day?
- What made you happy/smile/laugh today?
“Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.” ~Mother Teresa
We can do much more to bring a smile to each other’s face. It just takes a bit willingness, awareness and creativity.
Have fun making fun and creative connections!
PS…if someone asks me, “How’s it going?”, I say…what I’m doing: “I’m walking outside, enjoying the sun.”
Or the truth: “I’m frustrated/delightful/tired/angry.”