Healer, Speaker, Author, Poet, Musician, Singer-songwriter
I am deeply committed to the work of helping people heal, and through their healing work, positively shifting the consciousness of the world.
The pains long-felt across the world are not separate from the pain each of us carries in our psychobiology. We are all part of the human story that’s unfolded since the dawn of time. Our unprocessed fear, anger, sadness, shame, hatred, etc., are inextricably linked to that of the world and the unresolved pain of our ancestors. As we begin our healing journey, we contribute to the healing of our lineage and the planet.
My current work of healing people with starlight (in person and remotely) and teaching spirituality draws upon my training as a somatic (body-based) counsellor, breathwork practitioner, and life coach, my experience as a sound healer, singer-songwriter, musician, author, keynote speaker and playshop facilitator, as well as twenty years of intense personal healing. Going back further, my adverse childhood experiences, desperate soul seeking, and four years living below the poverty line have also profoundly shaped and prepared me for my purpose.
In particular, it was an arduous eight-year period of suffering from undiagnosable, chronic pain that opened the door to the healer’s path. Symptoms included getting intensely sick every time I spoke (for four of those years), headaches, sore throats, eczema, heat on my crown, muscle pain, stomach pain, intestinal pain, heart issues, foot pain, eye and ear pressure, allergies, and more. Because of the extreme nature of what my body went through, I can relate and offer ample compassion to those suffering from mysterious, chronic illnesses that Western-trained medical professionals, and even alternative healers, struggle to understand. I know what it’s like to feel powerless to one’s illness and not know if the next practitioner will help, while spending thousands of dollars a year that isn’t reimbursed.
After working with over twenty different types of healing practitioners, including shamans, naturopaths, acupuncturists and craniosacral workers, most of my physical pain finally healed. I didn’t know it at the time, but those eight confusing years of pain were all part of an initiation into becoming a healer.
To the more practical details:
Based in beautiful Vancouver, Canada, as stated, I heal people with the mystery and power of starlight. Done in person and remotely in both private sessions and through online ceremonies, this unusual form of energy work is an advanced revolutionary quantum approach to health and empowerment. Its power to heal chronic mental, emotional, physical and spiritual ailments deeply and quickly, while being accessible to everyone, no matter one’s location, makes it the most cost-effective, available and potent healing service I’ve ever offered. And it’s why I closed down my somatic counselling practice and other healing services.
Please visit my Healing With Starlight page for full information. On the page you can watch a 5-minute video that beautifully explains the mysterious story of how this gift came to me and the impact it’s had on people’s lives. At the bottom of the page you can see a list of issues it has addressed.
Years ago, prior to healing with starlight, I was a well-travelled presenter of keynotes and playshops to organizations, conferences and communities on subjects such as play, leadership, communication, intuition, creativity, emotional intelligence, trauma and healing.
Training and experience:
- Relational and somatic counselling through Opening to Grace with a focus on neurobiology, trauma resolution and attachment theory (I was a Registered Therapeutic Counsellor but gave up my designation)
- Certified through the BioDynamic Breathwork & Trauma Release Institute
- Mindfulness-centred somatic psychotherapy through Hakomi
- Certified Professional Co-Active (Life) Coach trained through one of the top accredited coaching programs in the world, The Coaches Training Institute
- Organization and relationship systems coaching training through the Centre for Right Relationship
- Graduate of the Co-active Space Leadership Program for those wishing to grow as a leader and facilitator
In what feels like a previous life, I graduated with a Bachelor of Business Administration from Simon Fraser University concentrating on Human Resources, Marketing and International Business.
I am also the author of two books:
- Let the Fire Burn ~ Nurturing the Creative Spirit of Children. This fun and inspiring “Children’s Book for Adults” is a poetic journey into the creative fire of children, and how to fan its flames.
- Wild Empty Spaces ~ Poems for the Opening Heart, dedicated to the courageous journey of healing, loving and living soulfully.
When I am not working with clients or presenting…
…you’ll find me climbing a mountain, swimming in the ocean, sitting quietly by a river, writing music and poetry, singing, or generally spending time with family and friends.