Healer, Speaker, Author, Poet, Musician, Singer-songwriter
I am deeply committed to the work of helping people heal, and through their healing work, positively shifting the consciousness of the world.
The pains long-felt across the world are not separate from the pain each of us carries in our psychobiology. We are all part of the human story that’s unfolded since the dawn of time. Our unprocessed fear, anger, sadness, shame, hatred, etc., are inextricably linked to that of the world and the unresolved pain of our ancestors. As we begin our healing journey, we contribute to the healing of our lineage and the planet.
My work draws upon my training as a somatic (body-based) counsellor, breathwork practitioner, and life coach, my experience as a sound healer, singer-songwriter, musician, author, keynote speaker and playshop facilitator, as well as twenty years of intense personal healing. Going back further, my adverse childhood experiences, desperate soul seeking, and four years living below the poverty line have also profoundly shaped and prepared me for my purpose.
In particular, it was an arduous eight-year period of suffering from undiagnosable, chronic pain that opened the door to the healer’s path. Symptoms included getting intensely sick every time I spoke (for four of those years), headaches, sore throats, eczema, heat on my crown, muscle pain, stomach pain, intestinal pain, heart issues, foot pain, eye and ear pressure, allergies, and more. Because of the extreme nature of what my body went through, I can relate and offer ample compassion to those suffering from mysterious, chronic illnesses that Western-trained medical professionals, and even alternative healers, struggle to understand. I know what it’s like to feel powerless to one’s illness and not know if the next practitioner will help, while spending thousands of dollars a year that isn’t reimbursed.
After working with over twenty different types of healing practitioners, including shamans, naturopaths, acupuncturists and craniosacral workers, most of my physical pain finally healed. I didn’t know it at the time, but those eight confusing years of pain were all part of an initiation into becoming a healer.
To the more practical details:
Based in beautiful Vancouver, Canada, I am a Registered Therapeutic Counsellor (RTC #2354) and proud member of the Association of Cooperative Counsellors Therapists of Canada. My approach is somatic-based and trauma- and attachment-informed. Counselling sessions are offered in-person, online via Zoom, or on the phone to both individuals and relationships.
Increasingly, I am making the individual and group energy healing my main healing modalities. Accessible no matter your location, their power to heal deeply and quickly makes them the most cost-effective healing services I offer.
Training and experience:
- Relational and somatic counselling through Opening to Grace with a focus on neurobiology, trauma renegotiation and attachment theory
- Certified through the BioDynamic Breathwork & Trauma Release Institute
- Mindfulness-centred somatic psychotherapy through Hakomi
- Certified Professional Co-Active (Life) Coach trained through one of the top accredited coaching programs in the world, The Coaches Training Institute
- Organization and relationship systems coaching training through the Centre for Right Relationship
- Graduate of the Co-active Space Leadership Program for those wishing to grow as a leader and facilitator
In what feels like a previous life, I graduated with a Bachelor of Business Administration from Simon Fraser University concentrating on Human Resources, Marketing and International Business.
Beyond my one-on-one practice, I am a well-travelled presenter of keynotes and playshops to organizations, conferences and communities on subjects such as play, leadership, communication, intuition, creativity, emotional intelligence, trauma and healing. I also present webinars on play, communication and leadership. All my events are fun and interactive. I believe strongly in the power of leading and learning through experiential, reflective and engaging activities.
I am also the author of two books:
- Let the Fire Burn ~ Nurturing the Creative Spirit of Children. This fun and inspiring “Children’s Book for Adults” is a poetic journey into the creative fire of children, and how to fan its flames.
- Wild Empty Spaces ~ Poems for the Opening Heart, dedicated to the courageous journey of healing, loving and living soulfully.
When I am not working with clients or presenting…
…you’ll find me climbing a mountain, swimming in the ocean, sitting quietly by a river, writing music and singing, or generally spending time with family and friends.