One of the skills I teach in my playshops is appreciation. Participants often realize afterwards how much they don’t express appreciation to co-workers, family and friends.
When we think of appreciation we think of acknowledging what someone has done:
- That’s a beautiful painting.
- That project turned out really well.
- What an incredible back flip!
What we often forget to do is appreciate the person behind the doing ~ who we see them being:
- I appreciate how imaginative you are.
- You put a lot of heart and determination in that project.
- You are so courageous to do that!
Imagine you just shared a painting, completed a project or did a back flip – which form of appreciation would touch your heart most?
Play with both forms. There is a place for both. And don’t forget to practice with your Self. The more you appreciate in you, the more you will find to appreciate in others.
Have a Playful Monday!
* * *