Communication Skills for Empowered Leadership Webinar Series
Enhancing Creativity, Collaboration and Engagement
A 5-Session Webinar Series Presented by Vince Gowmon
Fun, interactive, experiential, practical and insightful are just a few words to describe this series. It’s learning for anyone who wants to empower their voice and presence in their professional and personal lives.
Sunday, April 30, 2017
Sunday, May 7, 14, 21 and 28, 2017
5:00-6:45 PM Pacific Standard Time
8:00-9:45 PM Eastern Standard Time
Sessions will be recorded should you miss one!
“Vince has masterfully crafted a fun, playful and experiential online learning journey about the art of transformational communication and compassionate connection. After the very first webinar session, I learned new skills that I could apply immediately. I finished the webinar with increased confidence and am experiencing deeper and more meaningful conversations in my personal and professional relationships. I also had the pleasure to turn strangers into friends and be a part of a virtual community powered by encouragement, delight and respect. A most heartfelt, big THANK YOU to Vince for holding the safe space, for gifting the comprehensive content, and for sharing the art in his heART known as the Communication Skills for Empowerment Leadership Webinar!” ~ Ally Finkel, Founder & Creative Facilitator, Swirl Soup | Creative Expression PlayShops
Click here to read more words from delighted participants!
Cost, registration, and…
- Early Bird Rate: $159 CDN for all five sessions ~ expires April 9th. Thereafter it’s $189 CDN. (Americans you will benefit from the Canadian exchange rate! :))
- Registration: To register, please pay via Paypal using this link.
- Returnee discount: If you have attended before, pay only $89. Email me directly for a separate Paypal link.
- Going to miss a session? You must pay in full even if you cannot attend all the sessions. However, if you miss one, no worries. Each session will be recorded and available to view online for one week after each session is completed.
- How to get on Zoom: The webinar will be conducted using Zoom. Instructions on how to join the webinar will be sent to you a few days prior to its commencement. Be sure to check your email regularly leading up to the series.
- Cancellations: If after you register you decide not to attend, 50% of your payment will be reimbursed so long as you cancel no later than two weeks before the start date.
- Get your A/V ready: Vince wants to hear and see you. Take some time to make sure your audio and video is set up in advance. If you do not have a built-in computer mic, you can also phone in on one of the lines I will email out. If you don’t know how to set up your A/V, please ask someone prior to the event. Vince won’t be able to help you with this. I also recommend arriving early, certainly for session one, to make sure any glitches are taken care of. Sessions open 10 minutes prior. You can also attend via your smart phone and tablet.
“Vince’s webinar series helped me move away from ‘my world/their world’ thinking towards a place called ‘our world’. This has been especially helpful in co-creating respectful, engaged and authentic conversations and problem solving with our Board of Directors, Early Childhood Educators, parents and children. It also helped me realize that I didn’t have to give up the culture of relationship based practice that is central to ECE when I moved from working directly with children to a managerial role. Thank you for that Vince.” ~ Charlene Gray, ECE, Executive Coordinator, Comox Valley Children’s Day Care Society
* * *
Our success and fulfillment depend on how well our relationships unfold, and our relationships depend on how well we communicate. Yet, despite this, very few of us have received communication training, nor has healthy authentic expression been modeled to us in our early years onwards. It is no wonder so many of us struggle to express ourselves and connect with others, and why so many fear and avoid conflict.
Communication is an art once explored and understood. It invites us into our heart, mind and voice, and into that of those around us. It is full of subtlety and skill, and requires us to be courageous in both sharing and offering silence to others.
In this fun and interactive webinar series, Vince Gowmon will teach practical communication skills to connect you to your feelings, concerns and ideas, empower your voice, and strengthen your professional and personal relationships (including with children). Experience an engaged learning environment with Vince sharing personal stories and research, leading experiential activities, showing descriptive powerpoint slides, and inviting questions and discussions. You will receive comprehensive handouts in advance of each session summarizing the skills taught, and you are welcome to read supplemental material in the Leadership, Communication and Relationships categories of Vince’s Blog. And throughout the series, you will be invited to look to where you can apply your learning.
By the end of the 5 sessions, you will walk away with an expanded vocabulary of communication tools, and with greater confidence to know and speak your truth, and to hold space for others to do the same.
“Living with integrity means: Not settling for less than what you know you deserve in your relationships. Asking for what you want and need from others. Speaking your truth, even though it might create conflict or tension. Behaving in ways that are in harmony with your personal values. Making choices based on what you believe, and not what others believe.” ~ Barbara De Angelis
Session 1: The Heart of Communication
- Discover the heart of communication
- Learn a model for communicating from the heart
- Explore the Spirit of Yes And – a simple framework for balancing receiving and sending information
- Hone your ability to connect before you correct/direct
- Understand the trappings of needing to agree
“Listening isn’t waiting for your turn to talk again.” ~ Jane Testar
Session 2: Empathy and Curiosity
- Learn three levels of listening
- Understand the importance of value spotting – seeing value in other people’s contributions
- Learn the gift of empathy – the art of acknowledging, accepting and enhancing people’s experiences
- Learn to acknowledge children and adults
- Discover the gift of curiosity – how to ask questions that engage the heart and mind
- Learn to draw out people’s feelings, dreams, values and desires, and to create a safe place for others to share their authentic Self.
“Friends are those rare souls who ask how you are, and then wait to hear the answer.” ~ Ed Cunningham
Session 3: 6 Steps to Asking for What You Want
- Learn a simple six-step process to help you identify and express what you want
- Discover the three core needs everyone ultimately wants to have met
- Explore common fears and blocks that stop us from asking for what we want
- Understand the role of the Saboteur in protecting you from your vulnerability
- Learn how complaints are hidden requests, and how we often ask for what we don’t want
- Begin to move from victim and to personal responsibility
A complaint is an unspoken request.
Session 4: Illuminate the Shadow
Simply put, your shadow is the part of yourself you do not give yourself permission to be.
- Explore your shadow, and how it influences your communication and relationships
- Understand how certain loved ones and colleagues mirror back our shadow
- Learn the relationship between your shadow and judgment, reactivity and balance
- Expand your ability to see options and act with personal responsibility
- Understand the gifts of your shadow
- Illuminate your shadow and begin the process of integrating it into your communication
“If we embrace the qualities that disturb us in others, we will no longer be upset by them.” ~ Debbie Ford
Session 5: Safety, Assumptions and Integration
Session 5 will explore a number of skills including:
- Designing safety and trust in difficult conversations
- Designing expectations
- Clarifying assumptions
- Designing your impact before your speak to mitigate assumptions
- Following the flow or thread of conversation
- The power of tentative language
- Body language and energy
Session 5 will also be about integrating all the skills learned in the webinar series, and creating a vision for the future.
“The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.” ~ Carl Jung
* * *
Looking for some extra training for your team or organization? Email Vince if you want him to lead this series privately for you. He is happy to customize it to meet your needs. The price is dependent on the number of attendees. A minimum of three participants must be registered, and the recommended maximum is fifteen. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
* * *
About Vince Gowmon:
To learn more about Vince, please Visit his Bio page. For in-person team training, public events or to hire him to keynote your conference, visit his Keynotes & Playshops page.
“Vince makes you look inside yourself for the answers that already exist. He is a great leader not because he eads, rather he lets you lead yourself where you need to go. Vince’s workshop was self-affirming and life-affirming.” ~Laura Fielding, Recreational Therapist, Canuck Place